11 November 2011

when I was a child...

It's difficult to ignore the influence LOCATION has on what we create and who we become. . .don't you agree? I often wonder who or what I would have become if I had not been relocated to Los Angeles, California when I was a child.  I also reflect on, what I will be creating 20 years from now, as a result of my recent relocation to Montreal?. . . I have been thinking a lot about this lately, so much so that I've started a new ambitious project.  I'm still working out the details, but the drawing below is a preview.


Even though I am French, I cannot think of one of these pictures being painted in France. Every one of these pictures is American, from New York.  I love this city, its clean-cut look, its sky, its buildings, its scientific, cruel, romantic quality. 
Louise Bourgeois from the book, Louise Bourgeois, La famille; pg 70


© Viviana de Loera. 
This drawing was inspired by a childhood picture of the French-American artist, Louise Bourgeois (1911-2010), when she was 11 years old.  
Some have mentioned that I really drew myself...



No comments: