03 November 2011

Food is a costly antidepressant!













I would love nothing more than to spend an entire day with Maira Kalman just chitchatting about nothing and anything.  I should invite her to come to Montreal, but perhaps not during the winter season, hmm.  I have a feeling she would find the Québécois as hysterical as I do.  (FYI, I mean this with love!)

She recently illustrated Michael Pollan's popular book, Food Rules an eater's manual, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.  Kalman's colorful contributions are priceless, but kudos to Pollan for the obviously enlightening quotes.  A few excerpts below...

Place a Bouquet of Flowers on the Table and Everything Will Taste Twice as Good.

Cook.

Eat When You Are Hungry, Not When You Are Bored.








I wonder if this book will cure my uncontrollable potato chips fetish.  Are they really horrible?. . .even if they're the Natural Reduced Fat Sea Salted Potato Chips by RUFFLES?

Mark LOVES sweets and I've been hooked on the salty-sour stuff since birth.  Mmm, I blame those spicy Mexican candies from my lovely childhood!

**Maira Kalman illustrations borrowed from here.


No comments: