02 February 2011

our candy store...






This past weekend Mark and I went to our favorite neighborhood store, Centre de rénovation St-Patrick.  It is associated with the Canadian chain, Rona (FYI: Rona is like a smaller version of Home Depot) but this particular shop is no ordinary candy store.  The service, the unique merchandise, the knowledgeable staff...it is all exemplary...well its my opinion.  The Lanouette family also runs the Quincaillerie Notre-Dame de St-Henri.  (I recommend the basement level at this location.) 
NOTE:  I have witnessed customers behave extremely rude to the staff...to those of you who do not speak French, please be patient and remember that a brash attitude will get you nowhere.  
The pictures above show the Renovation Centre's lumberyard...super fun.
We purchased 2 beautiful long pieces of pine for a table project.  I will post pictures of the our studio-table sometime next week. 

No comments: