20 January 2011

Woody Allen's Manhattan...

I saw Woody Allen's 1979 Manhattan for the first time last weekend (I know, first time?). . . beyond ridiculous, but soooo great. Rent it, own it, watch it.  
If you live in Montreal, I am sure Boite Noire has it...love this movie shop.


a few Isaac Davis lines:
. . . Chapter One. He adored New York City. He idolized it all out of proportion. Eh uh, no, make that he, he romanticized it all out of proportion. Better. To him, no matter what the season was, this was still a town that existed in black and white and pulsated to the great tunes of George Gershwin. Uh, no, let me start this over
. . . I feel like we're in a Noel Coward play. Someone should be making martinis.
. . . Boy, this is really a great city, I don't care what anybody s-s - it's really a knock-out, you know?

No comments: